Overcharged for Push Payment Plan

Discuss Push with other users.
Laura R

Overcharged for Push Payment Plan

Post by Laura R » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:53 am

I bought the Push 3 with the payment plan during the Black Friday sale, and the billing service charged me for the whole amount instead of a monthly payment a few days ago. The charge has been pending on my card for several days and I can’t reach anyone in the sales department via email. Can anyone help? My credit card company can’t do anything about it because the charge is still pending.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Overcharged for Push Payment Plan

Post by [jur] » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:59 pm

No one can help you on the forum i'm afraid.
Seems like you're already in touch with Sales. You might want try reaching out to Support.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Laura R

Post by Laura R » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:03 pm

Thanks for responding. I’m new to the Ableton world, and the only two support options I see on the Ableton site are Sales Support and Tech Support. If there’s another support option that I can try, please let me know. Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:17 pm

If you've already tried sales support a couple of times it's worth trying tech support next I guess. Maybe they can help since sales is not getting back to you. Still might be a bit of a wait though sadly.

Laura R

Post by Laura R » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:43 pm

Ok Tarekith thank you for the suggestion. I’ll try it.

billpayer

Post by billpayer » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 am

I had the same thing just before Christmas with Amazon on some monitors.

I was told at the time, and it turned out to be right, that the charge is just an authorisation on the account but the payments will still come out as per agreement.

Hopefully this is the same situation as you have.
(Bill Payer|3745 SoundSystem|Chome)

littletinymonkey

Post by littletinymonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:34 pm

The details of why this happens is contained within the very first email that you get upon completing a purchase using the payment plan method:

The email subject is "Ableton: Payment plan created"

Here is the relevant part of the email:
Things you need to know:
1. To guarantee future payments, an authorization for the full outstanding amount will be held for the duration of your plan. Authorizations will be renewed periodically and will reduce with each installment paid.
2. The authorization amount will appear as ‘Pending’ on your credit card. It will only be charged if we are unable to secure the next authorization or if a payment is declined.
3. Standard credit card terms and conditions apply.