Multisample drum hits with different velocities

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TonyReed

Multisample drum hits with different velocities

Post by TonyReed » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:03 am

I have session drum samples that come as multi samples - different samples for different velocities - I can see the different samples in sampler ( one after the other) - say for a single drum in the drum rack - but in the zones it only shows one sample - not all the different hits - anybody know how to map the different hits in the zone section so I can distribute them evenly across the different velocities?
Thanks.

chymera

Re: Multisample drum hits with different velocities

Post by chymera » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:43 am

Probably too difficult to share instructions here, but check out this video: https://youtu.be/KrUFy8xJioE?si=gmOyJaNV5FrPjPkQ

Otherwise look at a multisampled instrument which exists already in Live and see how it's done.

TonyReed

Re: Multisample drum hits with different velocities

Post by TonyReed » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:06 am

Thanks for replying but that wasnt what I wanted. I have a drum sample that has multiple hits in it- representing different velocities. I want to break the single sample into a lot of single drum hits that are triggered depending on velocity. I do think I have a way though. I simply duplicate the sample in the zone editor and for each duplicated sample I set a different start and stop point in sampler - then dist range equally.
Pretty tedious though - 20 beats per sample. I would have thought this could have been automated.