Push 3 ASIO Driver Issues

Discuss Push with other users.
totallywired

Push 3 ASIO Driver Issues

Post by totallywired » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:55 am

I've just had a new Push 3 (controller only version) delivered this evening and plugged it in, let it update firmware etc.

It totally refuses to use the ASIO driver in Live. Selecting it results in a "failed to open the audio device Ableton Push" message.

Push driver is the requisite 5.50.0. It's an AMD chipset ASUS laptop with 40xx Nvidia graphics. Live 11.3.13. It's had a fresh install of Live tonight and the old preferences file binned from the user data folder in my account. Windows 11. Nothing older than Live 11 has ever been installed on this machine. I've been using the Realtek ASIO driver for the onboard audio.

There seems very few instances of similar problems to mine. Not many Push / ASIO problems documented at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this? I expected it to work out the box. Could a really clean install after clearing up stray registry entries and making sure the Push driver is installed again fresh help? I saw another thread on how to properly get rid of the Push driver.

I'm going to be away from home for a week so I don't want to raise a support ticket just yet as I won't be able to sit at the computer with Push.

totallywired

Re: Push 3 ASIO Driver Issues

Post by totallywired » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:34 pm

OK.
After a week away from home with my computer and Push switched off, I switched Push on today. It works!

I started Live with the audio engine disabled, because that's how I left it when it wouldn't work last week.

Chose the Push ASIO driver, selected and started no problem. 96k with a 512 sample buffer. This was still running 11.3.13.

All very mysterious. Let's not complain though. It's working lol