Push 3 pads latency response in Ableton Live.

Discuss Push with other users.
Finxa

Re: Push 3 pads latency response in Ableton Live.

Post by Finxa » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:20 am

[jur] wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:44 pm
It's only happening when playing from Push, or from another controllers/keyboards too?
Right now I have only the Push, so I can't tell you if it would be the same with a keyboard. Oh, and I've connected it directly to the Mac. There's no hub or something involved. And the Mac has the latest version of MacOS installed.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:27 pm

Something weird is going on with your set up then, you should not be having issues like this with any MacOS based system. Do you have any high cpu plug ins on the master channel? Probably best to contact support and see if they can help you narrow down the issue:

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/#contact-support

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:03 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:27 pm
Do you have any high cpu plug ins on the master channel?
That was almost my next question: do you have any high-latency plugin in your set?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Mimeophon

Post by Mimeophon » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:46 am

I try playing my modular with the pads while playing my live set. Connecting the CV out to the modular and audio from the audio jacks. There is a huge delay and I can't really work like this. It worked alright with an empty Ableton project. Anyone worked this out yet?

JamesonB

Post by JamesonB » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:39 pm

I thought I had a similar problem with latency and push with an external instrument but it was only on one channel and it was driving me mad.
Turned out I had the repeat button engaged :oops:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:24 pm

I think we’ve all done that at least once. :oops:

addyzen

Post by addyzen » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:58 pm

Hey, Just wanted to say I came here experiencing the exact same issue.

Turns out dropping my sample rate down to 256 got me down to 4.17ms input latency. YAY!

Ableton => Preferences > Audio > In/Out Sample Rate: 96000
Ableton Push Control Panel > Preferred ASIO Buffer Size > 256 samples.

Not sure if I had the OOTB able config or not. I think before purchasing my ableton push 3 control I had been messing around with Sample rates in Ableton in order to get a cleaner microphone input for some vocals I was working on with a former project.

Everything seemed to work perfectly fine in standalone kontakt 7 but when loading the vst in ableton i was noticing some serious lag.

Current config according to Ableton Push Control Panel.
Current Sample Rate: 96000Hz
Input Latency: 400 samples (4.17ms)
Output Latency: 5.50ms
ASIO active (PCM mode)

Mimeophon

Post by Mimeophon » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:51 pm

I have too noticed very disturbing latency with Push 3 Standalone pads. I have Push 3 connected to UDO Super 6 with a midi cable. I have it in. standalone mode and only have one track with External Instrument and a Hybrid Reverb on it. When triggering notes from Push there is a quite disturbing latency that is not there if I play the note from Super 6 keyboard. I have tried with different buffer sizes with no luck :x

EDIT:
After playing for a while P3SA turned off and I noticed that I had forgotten to plug the power cord in after moving the unit closer to my synthesizer. After the crash I opened the autosaved project and for my surprise the pads are now working perfectly. Maybe it had something to do with the battery running low. Though it works now this is not the only case when I have experienced similar issues.