Newbie question about my new launchkey pro with abelton and novation circuit tracks.

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
johneric8

Newbie question about my new launchkey pro with abelton and novation circuit tracks.

Post by johneric8 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:12 am

First off, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer my question.

I just got the launchkey pro mk3 and I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I do have a quick question.

Once i get it setup in abelton 11 suite, do I simply just drag the keyboard sound I want onto an instrument or midi track?

My really only objective here is to put some keyboard strings over some pre recorded music and this is my first time dealing with midi..
Since I've never used used a midi controller with my Pc before I was wondering if I dragged a synth sound in the the key of c major
to my launchkey, when I strike the keys on my launchkey in different positions will it play different keys or just the c major..

I know it's a ridiculous question but I haven't had a chance to try it yet and I'm curious.. Also, I have been laying down songs on my novation circuit tracks and someone said I could use the launchkey to play the synth that is in my circuit tracks... this would be awesome but I'm not sure what cable to use.. Can I just use a standard old school midi cable between the two?

Thanks so much for helping me get started!! It seems that all the info on the midi cable was geared toward the circuit tracks OG.

Tarekith

Re: Newbie question about my new launchkey pro with abelton and novation circuit tracks.

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:49 am

Sounds like you're maybe getting a lot of different things mixed up here. I would recommend watching the Ableton set up tutorial videos to help you get a better idea of how this will all work together:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/learn-live/#setup