Drum Rack, adding Drum Hits on Push 3

Discuss Push with other users.
offkeye

Drum Rack, adding Drum Hits on Push 3

Post by offkeye » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:46 pm

When adding drum hits to a custom empty drum rack on Push 3 using Ableton 11, sometimes adding a drum hit will trigger Push to insert the individual drum hit into the Track as the primary thereby erasing/replacing the entire drum rack instead of loading it into an individual drum pad. It seems to work when using the mouse in Ableton, but when loading from Push, it seems to randomly populate the entire track, thereby deleting the drum rack and in doing so, place the drum hit across all 64 pads, as though it were an instrument like a piano. Sometimes it will load it properly and sometimes it won't. For clarity, to populate the drum pads on this custom drum rack, I'm using the jog wheel to navigate to a drum hit, after I've loaded the empty drum rack into the track, and pressing the desired drum pad to load the drum hit, and then pressing down on the jog wheel to confirm and select the hit to load into the pad. Again, this seems to work roughly half the time and then it will randomly choose to erase the drum rack altogether so as to load the hit in its place as the primary track selection. I've experimented by loading .wav and .aif to see if it's the file type but that doesn't seem to affect anything. Maybe I'm missing something, but as of now it seems to be a glitch. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong, though. Thanks.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Drum Rack, adding Drum Hits on Push 3

Post by [jur] » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:58 am

What if you make sure to hold Select+press the drum pad, then press Browse and load your sample/instrument?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Cool Juan V

Post by Cool Juan V » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:55 am

Did you figure this out? I'm having the same issue in standalone.
hip hop is the culture

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:17 pm

I’ve had this happen randomly too, still trying to narrow down why it does this so I can file a bug report. If anyone figures out a root cause please report here and file a bug report, thanks!