Streamdeck Settings

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
bkruppik

Streamdeck Settings

Post by bkruppik » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:36 pm

Purchased STREAMDECK-XL and STREAMDECK+

I am havving issues setting it up correctly. There are not many videos about setup. I tried foew options presented on YouTube but they are causing all kind of wired bhavior (ie. suddenly clicking a mouse on an ampty track, playing sound).

I was able to make it work with Studio One, no issues at all.

Everybody is useing LoopMIDI. I am aware of that and got this installed, but still cannot figure out the proper settings in Ableton PREFERENCES.

Any help appreciated.

NOTE: running Live11, Win10-Pro.

S4racen

Re: Streamdeck Settings

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:50 am

1, What are you using to create MIDI Messages on the Stream Deck, it's not a MIDI Controller by default. This is the one I've used in the past - https://apps.elgato.com/plugins/se.trevligaspel.midi

2, In MIDI Preferences you have two options, one is remote which allows mapping to parameters etc. the other Note is simply for playing notes into a track....

Cheers
D

bkruppik

Post by bkruppik » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:11 am

I use LOOP MIDI and was able to get some functionality, but still unable to do what I need. For example be able to press SD button anf get a specific plugin opened OR loaded into the track. Ableton is missing the crucial feature - building own macro key assignment. The "K" option is very limited and does not allow to open a plugin and place it on the track. Other needs are like open the specific Rack on the track etc.
I looked up AutoHotkey and AutoIt but both require some advanced skills to program. I used to be a programmer, but these 2 tools are completely new as they use their own language syntax. AutoIt is more like a typical programin language (i.e JS or C,PHP) but AutoHotkey is easy for simple tasks and seems to be quite complex for advanced stuff.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:42 am

Yes that's correct.

Cheers
D