Generative workflow and algorithmic sequencer update to push3

Discuss Push with other users.
lookmom

Generative workflow and algorithmic sequencer update to push3

Post by lookmom » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:09 am

To compliment more to the live a performance and playful exploration aspect of the push3 by adding generative/algorithmic sequencer and workflow for immediacy in creative exploration and inspiration.
The torso T-1 is a good example of the kind of workflow that could easily elevate the push3 in this regard!

elbows

Re: Generative workflow and algorithmic sequencer update to push3

Post by elbows » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:58 pm

Live 12 has a whole new system for this, one that 3rd parties can add to. So the key for Push is how they end up implementing this for Push users (a lot of the Live 12 stuff like this doesnt really show up on the Push UI as of last 12 beta).

Even without Live 12 there were ways for 3rd parties to implement it in the traditional max for live way, and for this older way of doing it its therefore a question of 3rd parties offering good Push support, including in some cases updating their stuff to work well on Push 3.

lookmom

Post by lookmom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:21 am

Thank you for adding to the post.
Yes it would be great to see ableton help set the standard for implementing upgraded v12 workflow features into the push3. Would really love to see them prioritize low hanging performance related aspects like these to elevate user experience and love for it as an instrument.

braduro

Post by braduro » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:35 pm

I’m so accustomed to working creatively with constraints that I didn’t really consider a Euclidean takeover mode for Push. It would certainly be welcome. But that’s what an independent company that implemented Link and a local network into their hardware is for. I think of the Torso as a member of this ecosystem.

I will never be the target audience for music made on the grid, but the Push has other performative aspects that speak to my particular user case. And for sequencing and hardware arpeggio, that’s what the T-1 is for.

Both can send step modulated CV, so there is overlap, still, it’s just going to create different kinds of music.

When the user mode is documented for developers, you’ll be rewarded!

I miss my x-controls and custom note layouts

lookmom

Post by lookmom » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:41 am

braduro wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:35 pm
I’m so accustomed to working creatively with constraints that I didn’t really consider a Euclidean takeover mode for Push. It would certainly be welcome. But that’s what an independent company that implemented Link and a local network into their hardware is for. I think of the Torso as a member of this ecosystem.

I will never be the target audience for music made on the grid, but the Push has other performative aspects that speak to my particular user case. And for sequencing and hardware arpeggio, that’s what the T-1 is for.

Both can send step modulated CV, so there is overlap, still, it’s just going to create different kinds of music.

When the user mode is documented for developers, you’ll be rewarded!

I miss my x-controls and custom note layouts
Happy for you but if you don't have anything constructive to add to help motivate feature requests to make a class leading instrument more performance capable; please do comment about your personal affinity for using tools with constraints somewhere else.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:07 pm

It’s a place open to discussions @lookmom, so please respect that and be cool with cool people chiming in.
Ableton Forum Moderator