SM58 Mic with Push 3 is super quiet

Discuss Push with other users.
lmbauer2017

Re: SM58 Mic with Push 3 is super quiet

Post by lmbauer2017 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:52 pm

Just to reiterate, the SM57 works just fine now. What I think was happening is my electric guitar has some serious grounding problems. It buzzes every time I touch it, even when plugged into an amp. I didn't realize this before I had plugged it into the push (which thinking back terrifies me that I did), and I think the Push just freaked out and maybe tripped some safety device. After the Push sat for a night, I turned it back on and only plugged in the mic, and it was night and day. I dropped the guitar off at a repair shop lol. Note I haven't played with this mic much since then, but typing this makes me think I should plug it back in and use it a lot to make sure this still isn't happening. I'll report back later once I've done this to keep this thread updated.

braduro

Re: SM58 Mic with Push 3 is super quiet

Post by braduro » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:26 pm

Funny that no one caught it. You did mention something about a guitar later on. But I suspect this is one of those blind spots to monitoring via headphones: you might have missed the ground hum. Yes, that's going to consume the majority of your headroom. A tempestuous guitar/pedal is otherwise difficult to miss. Maybe the best practices to this kind of troubleshooting involves the spectrum effect.