Cleaning grease and gunk off Push 3 pads with something other than “soap”?

Discuss Push with other users.
lmbauer2017

Cleaning grease and gunk off Push 3 pads with something other than “soap”?

Post by lmbauer2017 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:45 pm

So there’s a good amount of information online for the Push 1/2, but none about the push three, specifically the pads. I’ve never touched either of the other pushes, but these pads feel very fancy and I’m hesitant to use anything other than dry cloth on them.

I understand the manual says you can use a damp cloth with “soap”, but like what kind of soap? Wouldn’t that leave some sort of buildup? As for the dry particles everyone swears by an acrylic paintbrush, so I’ll definitely be grabbing one of those.

P.S. my push isn’t grimy or anything right now, and I’m a moderately clean person, but man these buttons feel so smooth and pristine and I slide on them a lot with my human fingers lol
Last edited by lmbauer2017 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tarekith

Re: Cleaning grease and gunk off Push 3 pads with something “soap”?

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:09 am

Good question, no idea! I just wipe mine off with a dry microfibre clothe very once in awhile just in case. I would imagine you'd want something pretty gentle though, and not so much that it gets under the pads at all. I'd assume anything that was recommended for the first two Push releases would work on #3 too.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Cleaning grease and gunk off Push 3 pads with something other than “soap”?

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:00 am

I've actually been wondering about this too this week.
I can definitely feel the smoothness slowly being covered by "something" less smooth. It's obvious when I compare the drum rack pads (which I use more often) VS the others.
I tried with a damp cloth (no soap or anything) but I'm not convinced at all.
There's indeed recommendation in an Ableton KB article, but that's for P1 and P2 and those P3 pads are definitely something else.
Ableton Forum Moderator

CH7

Post by CH7 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:34 pm

Of course, you could take preventative measures and get yourself a cover for the Push 3.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335208163437 ... R8zGqJyqYw

Also available here:

https://undosequence.bigcartel.com/products

undosequence

Post by undosequence » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:27 pm

Thanks very much for sharing the links!