How do I get someone on the phone from Ableton?

Discuss Push with other users.
kfarrell70

How do I get someone on the phone from Ableton?

Post by kfarrell70 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:05 am

It's been 1/2 a month since I ordered a push. Support does not help. I'm at the point where I'm going to call my bank and get them involved. The package was shipped and stolen from UPS, nobody will help. I tried to call Ableton "number is under construction."

I've never dealt with such bad customer service. Is this how they make a first impression with a customer? If so, I don't want to do business with them. I have a case open. NO RESPONSE

olwy

Re: How do I get someone on the phone from Ableton?

Post by olwy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:56 am

I suggest to contact your bank and start the process of chargeback if you can. It may take some time and require evidence of you contacting/waiting for Ableton to fix it. But the good (?) news is that Ableton are absolutely awful at responding so it should be easy to show the silence.

Sorry you got abandoned by Ableton ... I am in the same boat, waiting ages for a replacement Push after I sent the broken one back and it's like talking into the wind.

kfarrell70

Post by kfarrell70 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:08 am

Someone should file a class action law suit. I'm sure Gerhard Behles and Robert Henke give absolutely zero f***s about the dismal customer service. Don't have enough people to manage the support properly. People are too pacifistic and allow the dismal support to exist. Not me. I'm done with them.

olwy

Post by olwy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:18 am

Yeah, a bit off topic now, but here are my thoughts...

Ableton and the Push (and Max) are still magical, to me, and I love them.

The Push 2 was sold via other stores and in fact I had a faulty one of them, and returned it to the store (Gear4music) and got a replacement. It was a very smooth experience like for any other mature business. For the Push 3, Ableton decided to change things and make sales directly only by themselves, and handle all the support themselves.

From the outside, it seems they were massively unprepared for that, didn't hire the right experts, and more. The Push 3 has been out for nearly a year and support has never been good, and the excuses of holiday periods or a rush after a discount price are not believable any more.

I really hope that they recover, they need to exist in the world, but it's so sad for me to not be making music right now, it hurts. I hope they read this and understand.

(I will put to one side the software bugs, because actually they perform about the same as competitors for that aspect.)

kfarrell70

Post by kfarrell70 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:42 am

There's no excuse for it with the money they make. I will spend every day for the rest of my life bashing them. I don't do with with piss poor customer service in 2024.

kfarrell70

Post by kfarrell70 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:43 am

Here's one email. I suggest everyone send one.

[mods edit: removed]

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:00 pm

kfarrell70 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:43 am
Here's one email. I suggest everyone send one.

[mods edit: removed]
I understand your frustration, really, but please don't ask for people harassing others here!
It's recommended to rather communicate with Support via emails. There's no backlog of calling back to missed calls.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:40 pm

It can definitely be frustrating waiting for support to get back to you on these kinds of issues, but please try and be patient for just a little longer. They WILL respond to you and generally the process goes quickly once that happens.

I feel your pain trust me. I too had a faulty Push 3 (tempo encoder) and even as someone who works for Ableton I too had to wait a few weeks to get it sorted.