AKAI MPK49 and default MIDI CC for Ableton [SOLVED]

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
CaptainStraw

AKAI MPK49 and default MIDI CC for Ableton [SOLVED]

Post by CaptainStraw » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:28 pm

I’ve recently purchased Ableton, and I have an Akai MPK49 which works mostly fine. But I’m finding some knobs and sliders on my controller are just not doing what I need them too.

I’m using a blank preset and I’ve already reset my keyboard to factory settings.

For instance, I’m using the Tal-U-No-LX and I can map some of the sliders and knobs on my keyboard to different sliders of the VST, but some just don’t work. For example, the third knob on my keyboard, which sends out MIDI CC #14, is controlling Ableton's track volume and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete that assignment and assign it to a slider on the Tal-U-No-LX, which won't recognize that knob no matter what I do.

I’ve tried the MIDI Map view on Ableton but it doesn’t list any assignments for me to clear.

I just want to be able to control every slider of the Tal-U-No-Lx VST with every slider/knob on my keyboard.

Now, if I go to my keyboard’s settings and assign a different CC to the problematic knob/slider, now I can use it. But I shouldn’t have to.

So I guess my question is: In Ableton, how do I clear every default CC# and leave everything blank so that I can assign sliders from scratch to my VSTs?
Last edited by CaptainStraw on Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainStraw

Re: AKAI MPK49 and default MIDI CC for Ableton [SOLVED]

Post by CaptainStraw » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:08 am

Well, it was as easy as going to Preferences - MIDI - and choosing "None" in Control Surfaces instead of "MPK49".