Push 3 controller - hot swap sample not working

Discuss Push with other users.
kfarrell70

Push 3 controller - hot swap sample not working

Post by kfarrell70 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:34 pm

Have a drum kit loaded. Highlight a pad I want to swap. Hit the hot swap button. Browse to the sample I want to replace with. Now do I hit Load by the top of the screen? Or do I hit the hot swap button again? Do I hold the pad and hit hot swap? Do I press the jog wheel? I've tried all of this. Doesn't work. Or maybe hot swapping samples is not a function?

lmbauer2017

Re: Push 3 controller - hot swap sample not working

Post by lmbauer2017 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:16 pm

kfarrell70 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:34 pm
Have a drum kit loaded. Highlight a pad I want to swap. Hit the hot swap button. Browse to the sample I want to replace with. Now do I hit Load by the top of the screen? Or do I hit the hot swap button again? Do I hold the pad and hit hot swap? Do I press the jog wheel? I've tried all of this. Doesn't work. Or maybe hot swapping samples is not a function?
You press in on the jog wheel (or at least I do). So I'm not sure if I do it the proper way, but when I select a drum pad, at the top screen to the left where it shows the drumrack | pad designation | instrument(simpler) | effects if any, i make sure to highlight the "pad designation" tab (will say the MIDI note on it like F2, E2, G#2, etc.) instead of highlighting the actual simpler. idk if that's the actual way, but i haven't played with it much. i just found that this way works everytime for me. Did you ever get it to work?