Push 3 - repeated crashing during software update

Discuss Push with other users.
filecattechno

Push 3 - repeated crashing during software update

Post by filecattechno » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:58 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately I am at breaking point with my Push 3 standalone. I am unable to update the software, it enters a repeated crash loop during update.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario? this occurs both over wifi and via the manual update process (push.local/update).

Last night it reverted back to software 1.0.1 following a failed update to 1.2.1. The unit is also displaying firmware 1.0.69. I understand this is meant to automatically update when connected to Ableton Live in controller mode. I am running 11.3.21 Suite.

The unit now also shuts off its display at random times, requiring a boot off/on to rectify the issue. Clearly this is adding to my frustration.

I am very disheartened with the time invested to perform factory resets, failed updates & troubleshooting. In turn, any assistance would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
FCT.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 - repeated crashing during software update

Post by [jur] » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:40 pm

Did you try to reset it?
Did you get in touch with Support?
Ableton Forum Moderator

filecattechno

Post by filecattechno » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:54 pm

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, I've factory reset it a number of times (through necessity to get it to turn on after failed updates). Unfortunately I am unable to collect the crash logs, it disconnects while retrieving them.

I've logged a ticket with Support along with supporting pics. Hoping it will be a simple fix, but anxious to have some sort of resolution.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:07 am

Did you try manually updating from another computer? Or even a smartphone?
Any firewall or virus security thing on your network?
Ableton Forum Moderator

filecattechno

Post by filecattechno » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:24 am

I have only attempted to update it via my workstation PC. it appears to link with Live over USB in controller mode without issue.

I'm not aware of any firewall/virus protection impacting the process. Thank you for the phone suggestion, I will attempt to tether to it & start the update process again.