Using Push 3 just as a controller for other Daw or Plug-in

Discuss Push with other users.
FluxGace

Using Push 3 just as a controller for other Daw or Plug-in

Post by FluxGace » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:36 pm

Hey everyone,

I didn't find anything about it and I didn't had the Push 2 so I maybe miss something, I'm coming from the Maschine MK3 and something that I liked on it, was the possibility to have the controller as a basic MIDI controller to control and map everything that we want on anything that we want.

And the possibility to use the MPE pads and the knobs with something else without the fact to open Live and open a VST inside it seems nice to me when I just want to focus on sound design.

Like to use UVI ; Komplete or whatever else with Push 3 and its capabilities without Live open, is it possible ?

Blues-Cat

Re: Using Push 3 just as a controller for other Daw or Plug-in

Post by Blues-Cat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:46 am

I would like to see a little better support for other devices too.

If you assign input from Ableton Push MIDI Out 2 in you other DAWs , you can get the note and pressure MIDI values from the pads, and the continuous controller values from the 8 top knobs and fixed values from buttons and "step" knobs. Unfortunately nothing at all displays on the push. Non-Standalone version here.

FluxGace

Post by FluxGace » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:42 am

Yes this is a shame, I don't understand why Ableton don't authorize or make it easier for us to use other synth without to be in Live, it's possible, it's just they don't want to, I'm starting to think to sell my Push3 because of this...

terminar

Post by terminar » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 am

What?

They do, they even opened a complete documentation for developers long time ago:

https://github.com/Ableton/push-interface

Which helped projects like drivenbymoss (to support Bitwig and reaper):

https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

There is just not enough developer interest to do some work and use the push in other DAWs :)