Assistance Needed with Setting Up Virtual Audio Cables on Windows (Time-codes)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
nowstanding

Assistance Needed with Setting Up Virtual Audio Cables on Windows (Time-codes)

Post by nowstanding » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:04 pm

I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a technical challenge I've encountered while attempting to replicate a setup I previously achieved on my Mac, using the Blackhole application, on a Windows system.

Recently, I successfully configured aggregate audio cables under one output device using Blackhole. This setup allowed me to efficiently route timecode and performance audio separately, enhancing my workflow significantly. Typically, I would select the Blackhole 16 out in my output settings, which provided me with virtual cables nested under that single output source, facilitating seamless audio routing.

However, I've encountered a hurdle as Blackhole is not yet available on Windows. Despite my efforts to find an alternative, I have struggled to replicate this setup using various virtual audio cable solutions for Windows. In particular, I have experimented with VAC (Virtual Audio Cable), but thus far, I have only managed to configure virtual cables that do not offer the capability to be nested under one output source.

Given the importance of this setup for my workflow, I am reaching out to seek your support and guidance on how to effectively set up virtual audio cables on Windows, enabling me to achieve the same level of functionality and efficiency that I had with Blackhole on my Mac.

Any assistance or recommendations you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I am eager to resolve this issue and optimize my audio routing setup on Windows.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your valuable insights and assistance.