Live 12 freezes on the splash screen "Initializing the application"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MiguelCort

Live 12 freezes on the splash screen "Initializing the application"

Post by MiguelCort » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:21 pm

Live 12 was working fine on the first day, but the next day when I tried to open it, it started freezing on the splash screen 'Initializing the application...' but it never opens. Then the status in the task manager says 'Not responding'. My processor is compatible with AVX2 and my PC meets all the requirements. As I mentioned, it was working fine on the first day. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times and deleting any leftover files, but still no luck. I'm not sure what else I can do

Rivanni

Re: Live 12 freezes on the splash screen "Initializing the application"

Post by Rivanni » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:06 pm

Does Live start when you hold the Shift key during startup? This bypasses your template and uses an empty one.
If Live starts normal, there might be something wrong with your template. Perhaps outdated plugins or Max for Live devices.

cids

Post by cids » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:31 am

Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

BIGMT

Post by BIGMT » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

Did you make any progress on this?

I have the same issue. I'm already in contact with support but haven't made any progress yet. It does seem to actually launch after ~70 minutes of waiting, which is obviously unacceptable. Resetting Live doesn't change anything. In the log I see the line it gets stuck on for~70 minutes is "info: Service Discovery: Init Gateway on Interface *ip address (I think)*". so, I assume its having trouble connecting to something? Not sure. Disabling my Firewall/anti-virus doesn't seem to change anything either.

Anyway, this seems to be a different issue than in the "Live 12 won't launch" thread because my CPU does support AVX2, and it worked perfectly fine on first launch.

JD99

Post by JD99 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:41 am

I have the same problem. I think I will also contact support now, I tried resetting Live, reverting back to 12.0 (I think it had auto updated to 12.0.1), starting with Shift.. nothing works. Stuck on "Initializing the application".. I can't do any work, no idea why this is happening all of a sudden but I never had this before so something to do with 12 I guess..

cids

Post by cids » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:09 pm

Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 am

JD99 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:41 am
I have the same problem. I think I will also contact support now, I tried resetting Live, reverting back to 12.0 (I think it had auto updated to 12.0.1), starting with Shift.. nothing works. Stuck on "Initializing the application".. I can't do any work, no idea why this is happening all of a sudden but I never had this before so something to do with 12 I guess..
Did you try starting Live while holding the ALT key (to bypass all plugins)?
What OS and OS version are you using?