Can't hide Max for live plugin window in Live 12

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoping2produce

Can't hide Max for live plugin window in Live 12

Post by hoping2produce » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:52 am

HI All,

Chordmist (max for live) sits open in 12. The header/title bar is off the top of the screen so I cannot move it or hide/collapse it, so it consumes my screen. CTRL + ALT + P works for vst windows but not for this. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rivanni

Re: Can't hide Max for live plugin window in Live 12

Post by Rivanni » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:11 pm

I don't know what the title bar of Chordemist looks like, and if it has a control menu. If it does, the following should work.

Press ALT+Spacebar+M, and a menu should appear, assuming the window isn't too far off the screen. You can now Move, Size, or Close the application.
If you select Move, you will see a 4-way arrow. Now, use your arrow keys to move the window and right-click when finished.

hoping2produce

Post by hoping2produce » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:54 am

thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately that didn't work. the window sits there, even if I minimize the Live session. So it's acting like Live is unaware that it's open. I've emailed the developer of the max device to see if they are know anything.

schlam

Post by schlam » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:16 pm

there is some M4L display bugs with max 8;6 bundled with Live 12.
Few weeks before the official release of L12, Max 8.6.1 was released but not bundled with L12...
This release fixs m4L display bugs for me

Maybe you can try to download Max 8.6.1 directly from Cycling 74 and see if your bug is fixed with this version.
Don't forget in the LIve preference to say LIve you will no use the bundle version