Route one of two fx chains in a group to another track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Teace

Route one of two fx chains in a group to another track?

Post by Teace » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:30 am

Hi everyone,

I play an acoustic instrument which I send to Ableton to live process. I made two fx chains: one direct and one containing delays and reverbs. I made this so that I can make one of the signal louder or softer with a macro according to the acoustics of the space I am playing in. My sound guy now (understandably) needs a separate track with the delays and reverbs. I could make a new track that is fed by the direct chain, but that would require me to set up everything again and I am in the middle of a tour. The automation has become way too complicated to risk things going wrong.

So I am wondering if it is possible to route one the the chains in a group to another track.

A screenshot to clarify: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/11a31r01 ... w7bsz&dl=0

Let me know if you have a solution! Tnx in advance,
Ties

Teace

Re: Route one of two fx chains in a group to another track?

Post by Teace » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:43 pm

Bump

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:57 pm

You can create an audio track, set monitor to IN, set input source to match the FX chain, pre-mixer. And mute the FX chain.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Christian61

Post by Christian61 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:59 pm

Check this from the Live 11 manual:

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/routing-and-i-o/

Go down to 15.5.1.1 Routing Points in Racks

There you have an example:
Create a new audio track (track B in the example), which gets audio from track A in the example (your audio track).
In the drop down box (in the example) you see the different options "from where" in the chain/rack you can get/tap the audio from…
The names will of cause be different...
Gear: MBP M1 Max • iMac 27" • Quartet • SSL UF1/UC1/UF8 • Push2 • Virus TI • NI • Arturia / Korg / Roland / SD3 / Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Waves / Slate / SSL Plugins • Ableton 12 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

Teace

Post by Teace » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:19 pm

tnx for this. The only thing is that I have different fx chains for different songs. Every song has it its own chain with a different rvb/delay channel (that is in the end connected to one Marco at the beginning of the chain). I did find this, but it's not ideal: https://app.gumroad.com/confirm?destina ... 890b46936b I would rather work with a native Ableton solution that is more foolproof.