What happened? Projects folder lost after updating live 11

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lf242

What happened? Projects folder lost after updating live 11

Post by lf242 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:08 am

Hey all,

I hope someone can tell me what I did wrong, cause I really don't know and I absolutely want to avoid making this mistake again.

Few days ago I updated my Version of Live 11. I followed the instructions for manual update, downloaded the installer, ran the installer and everything was fine (e.g. I had Drift and some more new features in my version of Life). But some things must have gone terribly wrong, cause all my Live Sets are lost. The folder on my hard drive is lost, and in Live itself (the list where you can open currently used Live sets) the titles are grayed out. Also, I detected that I seem to have two Versions of Live 11 now, so it seems that not only the update was installed? One file has 6,27 GB (the "old" one), the other file has 7,24 GB (the one I installed as the update few days ago). Can that be right? I'm totally confused :(

I would be really happy if someone could help me out here.

Greetings,
Leonie

AbletonMASCHINE

Re: What happened? Projects folder lost after updating live 11

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:56 am

Hi, After a successfull update I always deinstall the older "double" live version without any issues or loosing anything.

Regarding lost folder: I've never heard that a Live update deletes it. So I think you should use your latest system backup to restore everything you need.