Midi Group Channels

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SamuelHo

Midi Group Channels

Post by SamuelHo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:00 pm

Hi,

Is there a possibility to Group somehow Midi Devices and use this Group for a specific Instrument?

Lets say i have a Software Instrument i would like to be able to play with lets say only 2 specific midi Devices. Besides that i have external Midi incoming and want to use this for another Channel.

As of now i everytime need to switch Midi Devices because only All or one specific Device is available.

Is this something which could be somehow achieved?

Best Regards

Samuel

Angstrom

Re: Midi Group Channels

Post by Angstrom » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:07 pm

I assume by "Midi Devices" you mean hardware controllers, keyboards, faderboxes, etc.?

If so, try this:

Make your track with your software instrument on it, set the midi input to none, monitor to on. Name the track "Player"

Make two new midi tracks for your inputs,
Set the first track MIDI input to whatever your first hardware device is. Set the second track MIDI input to whatever your second piece of hardware is.

Now set both of those to Monitor in, and the output of both tracks MIDI pulldowns to "Player"

that should work, from memory.

Anyway, now you have two input tracks where you can drop different MIDI devices arpegiators, etc. and you can mute them or scale them to modify the hardware signals and outcomes.

SamuelHo

Re: Midi Group Channels

Post by SamuelHo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:38 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Ok, will try that.

Best Regards

Samuel