Feature Request: Mouse "Back" and "Forward" Button Support in Ableton Live 12 Browsern

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
KrisVanImpe

Feature Request: Mouse "Back" and "Forward" Button Support in Ableton Live 12 Browsern

Post by KrisVanImpe » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 am

Hello Ableton Team,

I've been an avid user of Ableton Live for several years, and it's been an integral part of my music production workflow. I recently upgraded to Ableton Live 12 and have been exploring its new features and improvements. One aspect of my workflow involves frequently browsing through the various sounds, samples, and plugins within Ableton's browser.

I realized that an area for potential enhancement could be the navigation experience within the Ableton browser. Many modern applications support the use of the mouse's "Back" and "Forward" buttons for easier navigation through their interfaces. This feature is particularly useful for quickly moving through previously viewed pages or sections without having to retrace steps manually.

Unfortunately, it seems that Ableton Live 12 does not currently support these mouse buttons for browser navigation. Incorporating this functionality could significantly streamline the workflow, especially for users who rely heavily on the browser for sound selection and organization.

Therefore, I am reaching out to inquire if there are any plans to include support for the "Back" and "Forward" mouse buttons in the browser of Ableton Live 12 in the near future. This addition would undoubtedly enhance the user experience and efficiency, making the creative process even smoother.

Thank you for considering this feature request. I am looking forward to any updates on this and continue to enjoy using Ableton Live for my music production endeavors.

Best regards,
Kris.