Time signature duplication

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mattmajic

Time signature duplication

Post by mattmajic » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:24 pm

Is it possible to duplicate time signature data? I want to copy and paste a section, and often have many alternating time signatures. But when I duplicate time, the time signature information is ignored. Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.

jonljacobi

Re: Time signature duplication

Post by jonljacobi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm

You can do this using duplicate or cut time. Why no copy time, I can't say. But if you need to paste somewhere else, cut then paste it right back so you don't lose it, then put the insert marker where you want to put the copied time, then paste again.

There may be other ways, but I'm not aware of them. Feel free folks.

slow.robot

Re: Time signature duplication

Post by slow.robot » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:15 am

jonljacobi wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm
You can do this using duplicate or cut time. Why no copy time, I can't say. But if you need to paste somewhere else, cut then paste it right back so you don't lose it, then put the insert marker where you want to put the copied time, then paste again.

There may be other ways, but I'm not aware of them. Feel free folks.
on the off chance you might have a Stream Deck, you can set up a macro to do that. I’ve got a macro that does exactly what you describe—sets loop brace, cuts, pastes back, and deactivates the loop brace. then just put the cursor where I want, and paste there as well. between that and the other macros for the other functions you mention, it’s made experimenting with arrangements very easy.