Ableton slow despite performing PC.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dj fugo

Ableton slow despite performing PC.

Post by dj fugo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:59 pm

CPU: i9
RAM:32 GB
SSD: WD BLACK SN850X
BUFFER SIZE: 1024

Hi everyone! I'm writing to you because, despite the upgrade I made to my PC, I'm encountering the exact same problem I've always had when working on heavy projects, i.e. slowness problems:
1 It takes the computer 3 to 5 or 6 seconds to move, open or delete any MIDI or audio track.
2 Opening any Plugin or VST becomes a very slow operation.

Analyzing the performance of the PC, we do not notice any particular overloads of use, neither of the RAM, nor of the CPU, nor of the disk.
At this point I wonder: could it be a problem related to some plugins I use in my projects?
Thank you all for your help, I hope I can figure out what's wrong once and for all!

DunedinDragon

Re: Ableton slow despite performing PC.

Post by DunedinDragon » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 pm

I'd suggest running the task manager processes to see what's using CPU cycles. Windows security has a virus detection process called Antimalware Service Executable that can really slow down the performance of Ableton when loading and running CPU intensive plugins and such. I overcome this by disabling Virus and Threat Protection when I'm working in Ableton. It may not be that one, but you may find other processes that are eating up CPU time.

login

Re: Ableton slow despite performing PC.

Post by login » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:19 am

Which is your audio interface, what drivers are you using?