Ableton 12: Lag and Crashes with Phase Plant

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
IAMDOOMED

Ableton 12: Lag and Crashes with Phase Plant

Post by IAMDOOMED » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:26 pm

I got sometimes horrible lags and they can lead to crashes when I use only 1 or more instances of Phaseplant.
This happens only in Ableton 12. Bitwig, Cubase, Studio One and Reaper are working just normal.

My system:
Win 11 Pro 23H2
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
32gb DDR 4
Ableton 12.01
Komplete Audio 6
Samplerate: 48.000
Buffer: 512
All Plugins are VST3

rm_estali

Re: Ableton 12: Lag and Crashes with Phase Plant

Post by rm_estali » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:26 pm

I have the same issue.

IAMDOOMED

Post by IAMDOOMED » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:12 pm

sometimes it happens with ozone imager or pro q too. is this maybe a openGL problem with ableton?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:28 am

Is it also happening in L11?
Did you contact Phase Plant's dev?
Ableton Forum Moderator

IAMDOOMED

Post by IAMDOOMED » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:39 pm

Didnt happened in 11. Kilohearts Devs are aware but its 100% a Ableton problem. Its not only Phaseplant. It happens sometimes with the whole GUI when its on playback and you want to change something in ableton or 3rd party plugins.

AntiPattern

Post by AntiPattern » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:17 am

Have the same issue since 12.
Followed this thread to stay in touch and get all necessary information about this.
Did you get response from support?
PP is pretty unusable for me now.
Live freezes when I switch presets, mostly.
I tried to pinpoint any module which is responsible for this. But I can't make this 100% proof. Convolution or LFO-Table's are often in the problematic presets.
Sometimes I have to give Live some time and it will eventually become responsive again.
Most of the time I get so annoyed that I Ctrl.+Alt+Del out of Live. So the crashlogs may not really include relevant information about it.
The sound is playing in the background. Meanwhile Live is trying to do some Live stuff and the whole DAW environment becomes unresponsive.
CPU load isn't that great, either. Had it crashed with just four tracks. Worked well in 11, but something changed.
Is there any way to help the devs to pinpoint the problem.
I thought I give it some time. I mean... I could not be the only one and the devs are surely on it. Aren't they?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:10 am

Did anyone get in touch with Support?
Ableton Forum Moderator

rm_estali

Post by rm_estali » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:14 pm

AntiPattern wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:17 am
Have the same issue since 12.
Followed this thread to stay in touch and get all necessary information about this.
Did you get response from support?
PP is pretty unusable for me now.
Live freezes when I switch presets, mostly.
I tried to pinpoint any module which is responsible for this. But I can't make this 100% proof. Convolution or LFO-Table's are often in the problematic presets.
Sometimes I have to give Live some time and it will eventually become responsive again.
Most of the time I get so annoyed that I Ctrl.+Alt+Del out of Live. So the crashlogs may not really include relevant information about it.
The sound is playing in the background. Meanwhile Live is trying to do some Live stuff and the whole DAW environment becomes unresponsive.
CPU load isn't that great, either. Had it crashed with just four tracks. Worked well in 11, but something changed.
Is there any way to help the devs to pinpoint the problem.
I thought I give it some time. I mean... I could not be the only one and the devs are surely on it. Aren't they?
Exactly the same story. This bug doesn't crash Ableton, just makes it unusable. I think the problem starts when I have at least 2 tracks with Phaseplant on them, and gets worse if I add more (but is not restricted to Phaseplant). I'm pretty sure this is related to GPU-rendering, because at some point I activated OpenGL on KClip3 and this triggered the problem instantly.