FILE TRANSFER OVER USB PLS

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
honingrec

FILE TRANSFER OVER USB PLS

Post by honingrec » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:34 pm

Any sight on solutions anyone?
I have a push 3 SA running Live 12 and after authorizing it is visible within Live 12 on my Macbook, yet both the project folder and user library keep
"updating..." for ever. It is definitely an amazing machine but if file transfer is't working properly its just a box. AND ABLETON IF YOU READ THIS; WE WANT FILE TRANSFER OVER USB. For €2000 you better.
Any tips for transfer over wifi to mac are welcome.

honingrec

Re: FILE TRANSFER OVER USB PLS

Post by honingrec » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:41 pm

IDEA: And if it is really THAT impossible to implement filetransfer over usb, why not create a manual file upload site just like push.local/update? something like push.local/upload where we can upload project files to push outside of Ableton? As all the other connections seem to work perfectly (push.local/pair, push.local/autorize, Ableton Link etc.)

Love to hear from you Ableton

joaommeirelles

Post by joaommeirelles » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:05 pm

USB transfer is my main wishlist item. It's practically impossible to update a project on the computer and transfer it to the Push Standalone while on tour, for example. Slow internet makes it impossible to transfer some of my larger projects, and locked internet networks (such as those at hotels) make it impossible to connect and transfer projects or files. It is very unpractical.

Goozburger

Post by Goozburger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 pm

I am here to second this as I have been waiting for 10 minutes for a file to transfer and it's still at 44%. I don't understand the point of the wifi transfer, sure it would be cool for smaller files but as soon as the session is anything a bit bigger (which if you perform you know it can easily get there) it takes for ever. It's such a workflow killer. Then you adjust something small and have to go through the wait all over again. I don't think this is a crazy ask especially considering the price and how literally every other standalone device has some version of transferring data by wire.

Goozburger

Post by Goozburger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 pm

I am here to second this as I have been waiting for 10 minutes for a file to transfer and it's still at 44%. I don't understand the point of the wifi transfer, sure it would be cool for smaller files but as soon as the session is anything a bit bigger (which if you perform you know it can easily get there) it takes for ever. It's such a workflow killer. Then you adjust something small and have to go through the wait all over again. I don't think this is a crazy ask especially considering the price and how literally every other standalone device has some version of transferring data by wire.