Ableton 12 Crash

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
birdhouse19

Ableton 12 Crash

Post by birdhouse19 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:07 am

This is the first time I have upgraded Ableton and experienced a series of crashes. I just started a new project today (only 11 channels) so far. I work on the project for 5mins and it crashes every time. It also crashes in different locations doing various tasks like automation, so I can't pinpoint which plugin. I pulled up another project that I did last week in Ableton 11 and saved it under a Version 12 project file. The project has ten times the channels and even more 3rd party plugins, the project does not crash at all.

Does anyone know of known 3rd party plugins that have been causing Ableton 12 to crash? Below is a list of 3rd party plugins that I have on my new Ableton 12 project that continues to crash every 5 minutes.

These are the plugins I am currently using on my new (first) Ableton 12 Project:
Waves H-Delay Stereo
Quick Quack Pitchwheel
UAD PolyMAX Synth
Soundtoys Decapitator
ShaperBox 2
FabFilter Pro-Q 3
Soothe2
KickStart 2
Diva Synth
Valhalla Room Reverb
Serum
Soundtoys Echoboy
Dada Life Endless Smile

- Thank You Ableton Community

Gral

Re: Ableton 12 Crash

Post by Gral » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:13 am

Apart from Diva, I don't use any of the plugins mentioned. So I can't say anything about that.

Diva runs here under L12 without any problems, even if several instances are used at the same time.

However, I recently updated the plugin to the latest firmware version (Diva 1.4.7 (revision 15105)). It is therefore quite possible that there are problems with an older version.

Despite intensive use, I have not had any problems with Live 12 so far. Even larger projects created with L11 run wonderfully.

I can only say that Live 12 runs perfectly for me personally.

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:29 am

birdhouse19 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:07 am
so I can't pinpoint which plugin.
You can start by removing tracks one by one and see if the problem persists. When you find the offending track, yo do the same with the plugins. You really need to narrow it down.

Are there any (outdated) Max devices in the project?
Old versions of VST wrappers are known to crash Live 12, for example.

Are all plugins up to date?

What OS are you using?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Valhalla, Soundtoys, Fabfilter, and UAD are all working flawlessly here. Having said that, I remember updating all of them recently... So I would recommend updating them if you haven’t already