Euclidean Sequencer Pro doesn't work

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
tbadoo

Euclidean Sequencer Pro doesn't work

Post by tbadoo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:35 am

Hi all,
Just saw Euclidean in action on... youtube. Bought it. Unfortunately it doesn't work.
Installed properly, it is on Max for Life list along with Euclidean Out. But whatever I do, can't get any sound into this thing.
It's on device bar, tried few instruments and vsts such Serum, Operator, Meld and Wavetable. Nothing works.
Only if I bypass it in settings, but sequencer doesn't sound. I use MIDI controller Keylab 61 MK2, it works normally everywhere else.
Looks like Euclidean is dead. Only if I open sequencer window and activate headphones icon then I can click, change steps and click on piano roll to make audible sound. When play any key on keyboard there is MIDI Track indicator flashing and MIDI effect on the left of the Eudiclean window.
I though this is Ableton Live version problem as 12 is quite new, but I don't think so. Same problem I've seen in another topic, but there was solution that didn't work for me. Someone wrote that closing (minimizing) by hitting app bar helps. Not for me.
Anybody knows how to resolve it. There is no contact with author of this app. Only comments below his posts and youtube. No support at all.

T.Stubbe

Re: Euclidean Sequencer Pro doesn't work

Post by T.Stubbe » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:23 am

Hi, version 2.1 is working flawlessly here, just updated to Live 12.0.1 suite on my MBP running 14.4, both on a single track (with and without sequencer) and with the Euclidean out. Do you have issues with other M4L devices or is this the only one?

panten

Post by panten » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:47 pm

Can confirm, I'm on version 2.1, Live Suite 12.0.1 and is running just fine.
I'm using it fine in front of a Drum Rack, and Meld instrument, and even Playbox plugin.

You just need to make sure it's sitting before our instrument and that you've activated a voice, made sure it's triggering a note that your instrument can play (for instance in front of the drumrack the C1 will play the first drum rack pad (usually a kick))

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:41 am

tbadoo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:35 am
Hi
There is no contact with author of this app. Only comments below his posts and youtube. No support at all.
Post your questions here. The developer is very active.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/7 ... uencer-pro

panten

Post by panten » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:28 am

@tbadoo Perhaps you could post your setup steps and how you're using Euclidean Sequencer Pro?
Seems very strange that it would work fine for others and not you.

tbadoo

Post by tbadoo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

I figured out what was wrong. Instead of using piano roll and midi clip I was trying to play live from my midi keyboard.
Also I didn't change drum rack, instead of C1 it was on C3. Simply it was my bad.

panten

Post by panten » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Ok man that's great news! Glad you got it sorted in the end.

fivefloral

Post by fivefloral » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 pm

Sorry to hijack this post, though the issue seems to have been resolved.

I never heard of this M4L device before. Just checked it out and holy crap...this looks amazing. Like...better than most of the devices that Live comes with.

How does one find this stuff? I just searched "Euclidean" on the maxforlive.com site and it doesn't even show up on the first page of results unless I filtered by "last updated".

My point is what other amazing stuff is out there that is easily missed even when you're trying to search for it?

Does anyone have a recommendation of how to stay up-to-date with what some of the "greats" are? Thanks.

panten

Post by panten » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 pm

I'm not the best at keeping up with the latest tools either and I can't remember exactly who put me onto the Euclidean Sequencer Pro.
But I do subscribe to a lot of youtube audio guys, like Ned Rush, Jeremy Blake, and Stranjah etc.

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 am

fivefloral wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 pm
Does anyone have a recommendation of how to stay up-to-date with what some of the "greats" are? Thanks.
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p8887659

fivefloral

Post by fivefloral » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 am

Rivanni wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 am
fivefloral wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 pm
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p8887659
great reference. thanks

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 am

Great link :-)

Cheers
D