Live 12 browser and any form of link (WIN), this has to be a joke, right?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
g_audio

Live 12 browser and any form of link (WIN), this has to be a joke, right?

Post by g_audio » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:53 pm

I am going completely mad here... From iteration to iteration you make Live worse for your users.

Over the many many years I supported and bought Ableton I got it : creatives should not develop software (not always the case but sadly especially true for Live and Max). But what you did now is just literally insane.

Not only that you decided at some point that you simply do not support core OS functionality of Windows (symlinks) in your browser - I spent more than two weeks back then converting symlinks of my well organized computer system to junctions and everything I did not want to see to symlinks - now you decided to also not only not support junctions anymore, but NO variations of links at all (symlinks, junctions, shortcuts).

EVERY single piece of software on earth supports symlinks and junctions on Windows (as this is OS core functionality as said), but Ableton of course has to cook its own soup - once more.

This renders my complete file setup of several terabytes of samples, midi files and racks finally unusable to access with the Live browser. It would cost me not weeks but months to reorganize this. Which means that's it then with Ableton.

Normally at every other company I would have addressed this in a proper way and asked what's wrong or if you can please fix that, but as I know from experience that you don't give 2 sh.ts about your users demands (you do care a lot that emojis work in project names though) I can also rant as well, because the outcome will be the same.

It is ridiculous!