Live11 Follow Action “Jump Target slider"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GFast

Live11 Follow Action “Jump Target slider"

Post by GFast » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 pm

Where is this "Jump Target Slider" (as described in the LIve11 Reference manual) ??? When I select the JUMP Follow Action in Live11, and little square box shows up. Only a number can be inserted.

But, is there supposed to be a "Jump Target Slider"?
Is there a Preferences setting that is required.
Could someone reply and attach a screenshot of this mystery slider (and/or, is it in some other part of the Ableton entire screen...outside the FollowAction menu screen)??

btw, in Session View I am seeking a way to "Jump" or "Repoint" to a specific SCENE NUMBER. I would like to "Jump to Scene number 144". I was expecting the FollowAction JUMP to do this....yet it seems to jump a number of clips....not scenes. So that is why I am curious about this mystery "Jump Target Slider"...maybe it has some functionality that I cannot see at this time. Any suggestions? (Will this require a M4L device?)

thank u
gf

siliconarc

Re: Live11 Follow Action “Jump Target slider"

Post by siliconarc » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm

the slider is the number box. not the best name for it..

GFast

Re: Live11 Follow Action “Jump Target slider"

Post by GFast » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:39 pm

hmmm. Yes, I agree, NOT the best name for it.
thanks for the reply.

btw, some "Good News"
The Live11 Reference Manual (yes, I even tried to find my own answer)...says:
"a Jump Target slider appears next to the Follow Action chooser. To adjust target clip slot or scene value, drag the Jump Target slider up or down, or click and type in a number."

So I now did an experiment, by putting the mouse pointer INSIDE the "Jump Target" box, and by "sliding" the mouse UP and Down , indeed, Scene# numbers scroll up/down in the little little box (but so fast, that it is not a great method). So, let's just call this "end-user error"

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/launc ... ow-actions

NOTE: After a little "Jump" testing, inserting a scene# in the "Jump Target", I find the results kind of a mystery and inconsistent. And, it seems so very odd that, when the Jump is successful, that new destination scene is not "selected", even tho it will launch (sometimes it will launch, but not every time).

I guess I will stick with the Isotoniks M4L FOLLOW XL device....for follow actions....it is not perfect, but I know its quirks.

thanks again for the reply!
NW