Extract Chain in drum rack

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SebastianB

Extract Chain in drum rack

Post by SebastianB » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:44 pm

Hello,

I have Ableton Live 12 Intro. Im obviously getting started, so this might be a stupid question.

I hvae seen many videos about extracting chains from a drum rack on You Tube. However, this option is not in my menu when I right click on an instrument in the drumrack. Is this something new in Live 12? Do I have to drag the instrumet over to session view in order to do the same?

Another question - if I drag a part from the drum rack out and create a separate track, for example a BD, and I ad delay through the send on that track, the delay reflects on all the recorded instruments in the drum rack. How can I only get delay on the track that I have assigned the dealy to?

For your information I am using a TR-8S with the drum rack and I have set it up to work like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZ2SnlZ_ro

I will be very greatfull for any help here!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Extract Chain in drum rack

Post by [jur] » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:28 am

SebastianB wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:44 pm
However, this option is not in my menu when I right click on an instrument in the drumrack
This isn't a new L12 feature. You have to right-click a chain and not an instrument to see this option, alternatively you can also simply drag'n'drop a drum rack pad to an empty area in Session/Arrangement.
Maybe this option isn't available in Intro, but I'd be surprised.
Ableton Forum Moderator