Ableton 12 and Push 2 Clip View Issue

Discuss Push with other users.
cmkadmin

Ableton 12 and Push 2 Clip View Issue

Post by cmkadmin » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:13 am

I just purchased Live 12 today and was surprised to see the new clip view on my Push 2 (still do not have the funds for a Push 3...). Anyway, I do not think it is working properly and I am not sure if it is a wider issue.

If I am on an empty clip in an audio track, the words "Press 'Browse' to load a sample" appear as a thin 'bleed' line between rows 6 and 7 along with 3 '(' characters that drop below to the 7th clip row. If I highlight a clip with sample content and hit clip again to get the sample view, and hit clip again to go back to the clip view, the problem goes away, at least until I highlight an empty clip again and hit the Clip button twice. On empty MIDI clips it says "Play C1 to C5" quite clearly, which says to me that "Press 'Browse' to load a sample" is supposed to be printed in full over the top of the clips. Once it is there, it persists even if I highlight a clip with a sample - only thing that gets rid of it is to highlight a MIDI track, or hit Clip again on a clip with a sample to bring up the sample view, and then hit it again to back to the full clip view.

I hope that makes some sense 8O

I can snap a picture, but I can't figure out how to attach in this forum.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton 12 and Push 2 Clip View Issue

Post by [jur] » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:26 am

That’s a bug. Does it alésage happen or only on some occasions?
You’re on L12.0.1?
To attach picture here you need to host it somewhere else and insert the link (there’s a dedicated button when you post above the text editor)
Ableton Forum Moderator

cmkadmin

Post by cmkadmin » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:46 pm

Here’s an image link. Yes, on 12.0.1 - happens every time, consistently reproducible. Reboots, etc... do not change things.

https://postimg.cc/2LwdwB2c

clay

Post by clay » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:11 pm

This also happened to me tonight. Words underneath clip view when using push 2.