Upgrade from demo

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JAZMAN

Upgrade from demo

Post by JAZMAN » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:56 am

Not a biggie atm but with 3 days left on LIve12 Suite demo I pulled the pin on the instalment plan upgrade from my old Live 9 Suite. When I open LIve12 it still locks in the demo version with 3 days left and does not give me the option to validate the new version of 12. I'm guessing this will sort itself when the demo runs out. Is this how it works?
I can find information on validation and download but nothing on upgrading during demo time frame.
I am assuming that as Ableton finds my account online when starting the Live12 demo, it should also find the new Live12 license.
It does not concern me that I have to be online to use 12 atm but will need to get this sorted when the demo runs out.
One issue is that I will not be running email on this, my new computer, though obviously it is internet connected. Could not run demo if it were not.
I tried looking for the option to manually enter the license number from the email on my old computer, but can not find the option to do so in LIve12. Seems it needs online verification.

JAZMAN

Re: Upgrade from demo

Post by JAZMAN » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:46 am

Problem solved. A bit more searching and I find you can not upgrade via demo. Different installers. Downloaded, installed and authorised NP.