Start session recording in all armed clips with Push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
Rebel-D

Start session recording in all armed clips with Push 2

Post by Rebel-D » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:24 am

Dear fellow Push users,

What I try to achieve seems totally simple, but I can't get it to work. Here's the thing: I have armed multiple tracks in Live. When I hit the session record button, as expected a clip is generated for all armed tracks and the recording starts.
If I hit the record button on the Push, though, it will only start recording on the track that is currently SELECTED, regardless of how many tracks are armed. I can start recording on multiple tracks if I hit the respective clip buttons, but I could not find a solution how to convince Push to do the same thing as the software - start recording on all armed tracks. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Start session recording in all armed clips with Push 2

Post by [jur] » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 am

Once tracks are hard-armed, press Push's record button, and then trigger a Scene.
But make sure the Record, Warp & Launch "record when triggering scene" (or something like that) Preference is active.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Rebel-D

Post by Rebel-D » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:07 pm

Thank you, appreciate it! I was aware of this function, but when selected starting a scene will trigger recording regardless of using the record button first. If I afterwards want to play back scenes, I first have to de-select that option again, which is kind of cumbersome. I wonder if there is another way to do that, or might this be something to put into a feature request? I don't understand why the push record button does not behave like the one in the software in the first place.

Thanks again and kind regards

Daniel

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:15 pm

Rebel-D wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:07 pm
Thank you, appreciate it! I was aware of this function, but when selected starting a scene will trigger recording regardless of using the record button first. If I afterwards want to play back scenes, I first have to de-select that option again
It will only record to armed tracks, if their corresponding scene clip slot is empty; if there's already a clip in that slot it will just trigger it. So it should provide what you're after i think.
Ableton Forum Moderator