Bug in 12: Samples in Places not showing up

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chinaexpert1

Bug in 12: Samples in Places not showing up

Post by chinaexpert1 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:39 pm

I encountered this issue with the Browser not indexing new content:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... r_content/

I tried this and it didnt work:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... s-Database

My question is:

Is there way to make Ableton reindex so I can use my samples without deleting the whole database?
I have this one folder of samples that I cant get into Ableton no matter how I try

SundogIllionaire

Re: Bug in 12: Samples in Places not showing up

Post by SundogIllionaire » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:56 am

Not sure if this will help you but I was having some issues which were folder related in Live 12 (vst's not working and problems saving projects). I'm on Win 11 and in my case it was a permissions issue. Setting the Live 12 application to always run as an administrator (Right click on the Live Icon; Properties; Compatibility; tick "Run this program as an administrator") and by adding Live 12 to the list of allowed apps in Controlled Folder Access in my Windows Security settings. Hope this helps though can't say for sure if it's the same issue.

chinaexpert1

Re: Bug in 12: Samples in Places not showing up

Post by chinaexpert1 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:53 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I do have a permissions issue. I just figured that out myself, I have a folder full of samples that won't let me grant permissions for some reason. It just keeps reverting.

I don't have controlled folder access enabled but I am now running as administrator. Unfortunately the problem still remains. I am waiting for a reply from support. I will post here once I can get full control of the folder granted to my user profile, in case that solves it.

For anyone following this thread, you can just remove a folder from the sidebar and re-add it to Places in order to start reindexing.