Mapping Transport Controls to Akai MPK mini mk3

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mkie

Mapping Transport Controls to Akai MPK mini mk3

Post by mkie » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:47 pm

I'm trying to map the pads of my Akai MPK mini mk3 in CC mode to the transport controls in Ableton Live 11 following the procedure in the reference manual (https://www.ableton.com/en/live-manual/ ... te-control). This works ok for the Play and Stop buttons of Live but not for the "Arrangement Record" and the "MIDI Arrangement Overdub" buttons:
  • When I assign "Arrangement Record" to pad #3 (CC18) I have to keep the pad pressed until the recording starts (eg until the count-in is over) and have to keep it pressed to record. As soon as I release the pad recording stops.
  • When I assign "MIDI Arrangement Overdub" to pad #4 (CC19) pressing the pad activates the function (icon goes on) but as soon as I release the pad it's deactivated again. Other functions like "Automation Arm", "Punch In", "Punch Out" and "Loop Switch" show the same behaviour (only active as long as the pad is pressed).
What am I doing wrong - or is it simply not possible to assign these buttons to the pads of my controller? 8O