Include stock Ableton plugins in the 'Plug-Ins' browser tab

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Slow Hand

Include stock Ableton plugins in the 'Plug-Ins' browser tab

Post by Slow Hand » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 pm

I would like it if I were able to search for and tag the stock Ableton plugins within the Plug-Ins browser window.

I only use a small number of 3rd party and stock plugins and the new filters and tags are great for limiting my plugin options to only these mainstays. The one snag is that I cannot filter or search for the stock Ableton plugins (utility, tuner, drum rack, etc) from the Plug-In's browser window. I have to instead click on the Audio Effects or MIDI Effects tab to search for them.

Including the option for the Ableton stock plugins to populate in the Plug-Ins tab would go a long way towards allowing me to streamline my plugin searching and handle all of them within a single browser tab. Looking at the Tag Edit menu I can see the option to filter by creator (Ableton), but it's greyed out.

Including the stock plugs in the pool of plug-ins would be so nice to have.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Include stock Ableton plugins in the 'Plug-Ins' browser tab

Post by [jur] » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 pm

Why not simply doing a cmd/ctrl+F and typing in the device's name?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Slow Hand

Re: Include stock Ableton plugins in the 'Plug-Ins' browser tab

Post by Slow Hand » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 am

That certainly works, and it's only a few extra key strokes but that tiny mental shift in how I'm searching plus the additional time spent adds up for me when I'm moving quickly through a session.