Ableton GUI freezing when selecting Midi I/O

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
InteraX

Ableton GUI freezing when selecting Midi I/O

Post by InteraX » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:05 am

I'm currently running Ableton Live Lite 11.3.22 (latest version 11) on Windows 10.
For Audio, I've got 2 sounds card. 1 x Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G6 and 1 x Behringer UCM204HD.
For MIDI devices, I've got 1 x Novation Drumstation (connected via UCM204HD MIDI ports) and 1 x TD-3-MO (connected via USB).
For a controller, I've got a Novation Launchkey Mini MK3.

Firstly, I'm pretty new to Ableton and music production.

Whenever I have the Audio Device set in Ableton to Type: ASIO, Audio Device: Creative Sound Blaster ASIO, the Ableton Interface keeps freezing. Whenever I try to make a change to the MIDI setup on a MIDI channel, the interface takes 15-20 seconds to respond. If I press a key on the controller, I get one note played and then nothing.

If I change to another ASIO device the issue goes away. If I change to the same audio device using MME/DirectX, the issue goes away. I need this as my audio device in Ableton as it's the device connected to my speakers and I want the ability to use VSTs etc.

Is this due to another application trying to use the audio device exclusively or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton GUI freezing when selecting Midi I/O

Post by [jur] » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm

InteraX wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:05 am
Creative Sound Blaster ASIO
Would be interesting to hear from Windows users, but this isn't made for audio production afaik, right?
Why not sticking to your Behringer interface?
On Windows you need to use ASIO afaik.
Ableton Forum Moderator