MIDI timing when sequencing Orchestral Romplers

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
C.D.

MIDI timing when sequencing Orchestral Romplers

Post by C.D. » Wed May 01, 2024 8:07 pm

Is anyone familiar with using these types of plugins? If so, what solutions do you use for ensuring the midi is in time? I ask because I recently acquired some libraries from EastWest - the Hollywood Orchestral Fantasy and OPUS ones... and I'm noticing that a fair amount of the patches are a smidge late with their midi timing and the only way I can get them in time is by slightly nudging the midi notes forward, by hand and ear. It's frustrating to say the least and from what I'm reading online, it looks to be the norm that most people simply deal with... I'm not sure why though, as some say it's due to the nature of the recorded sample libraries and others say it usually only has to do with Legato based patches, but I'm noticing it with some of the percussive patches as well, and I'm lost as to why that's happening. I loaded up Symphobia 3 Lumina in Kontakt 7 and noticed it happening on a few patches there as well. Tried Strings 2 from N.I. and that bad boy was in perfect time for the few patches I tested out, although I'm sure it could happen to any of these types of romplers now that I've experienced it with some major plugins.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Neural Tech Music
two oscillators are better than one

C.D.

Re: MIDI timing when sequencing Orchestral Romplers

Post by C.D. » Fri May 03, 2024 4:35 pm

Almost 1000 views and not a single response... is this forum dead?

Does anyone here produce music and know something about what I asked?
two oscillators are better than one

pottering

Re: MIDI timing when sequencing Orchestral Romplers

Post by pottering » Fri May 03, 2024 9:12 pm

From what I saw people usually use Track Delay to deal with that per track, but maybe using Note Echo (with zero feedback) or Align Delay devices works in some situations (those can only delay though).

https://www.ableton.com/en/live-manual/ ... ack-delays
♥♥♥