Tutor for Live & Reason

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
victhrill

Tutor for Live & Reason

Post by victhrill » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:25 pm

Is there anyone in the New York City area that does tutoring for Live & Reason? I'm looking for some intense instruction in these programs. Please contact me at valvalyou@yahoo.com
Defender Of The Beat

inis

Post by inis » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:06 am

You should be able to get almost everything you need out of books and forums, but if you really wanted hands on start looking at some music school that are more technical. You might be able to sneak into a class or two. Or possibly some online or something.

victhrill

Post by victhrill » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:41 am

Thanks Inis. I'm actually pretty proficient with the programs myself. I have a friend who is not and I don't have time to teach her. Knowing what her needs are and what type of person she is, I don't think a school or books are the way to go. She has specific needs with the programs and would need one on one instruction. She also needs it to be a crash course and she's willing to pay. Still, I appreciate your response!
Defender Of The Beat

pentajigga

Post by pentajigga » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:13 am

victhrill--

im located in brooklyn and have taught many people live and reason.
check your pms
shuttle xpc amd athlon 64 3500+ / 1gig RAM / oxygen 8 / rme hdsp9652

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:01 pm

inis wrote:You should be able to get almost everything you need out of books and forums, but if you really wanted hands on start looking at some music school that are more technical. You might be able to sneak into a class or two. Or possibly some online or something.
No necessarily; some people do better with a person sitting next to them who knows the programs and is a patient tutor. Everyone learns best differently.
(Wish I could help but I'm 2400 miles away at the moment!)

r.

victhrill

trigging scenes with a footswitch

Post by victhrill » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:25 pm

I use Live when I perform, with my setlist lined up as scenes. The best way for me to do things up until now has been to start by highlighting the first scene and hitting return. The highlight then jumps down to the next scene automatically, so all I have to do is hit return to trigger that one and so on down the line. The downside of this is that I have to walk over and hit the return button every time I want to start a new song. I'd rather do this by footswitch, so it appears smoother to the crowd. Even better, I'd like to have a wireless switch taped on to my microphone so I can trigger it from anywhere on stage. Anyone know how I would go about doing that?
thanks,
V
Defender Of The Beat

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:44 am

There's a great little father-son team that teaches in the NYC area... nah, fuggedit.
Image Image