makeshift clip note till we get this feature....

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
datagroove

makeshift clip note till we get this feature....

Post by datagroove » Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:27 pm

ok, well until i get the clip notes feature implemented (or something equivalent) I have started to use a dummy audio file over and all throughout my live set to crate SHORT notes to myself. A dummy audio file can be any audio file (preferably short-and blank) Then in the clip name down below type yourself a short note to remind you of anythign you fell might help your flow during a live set.

datagroove

oh and.. it helps to use the same color for all clip notes and don’t use that color for anything else.

Pitch Black

continuing that idea..a

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:47 pm

Cool - I use a short silent "dummy" clip as my Stopper for eack channel. This way I can kill loops at any quantise value instead of the next bar or whatever.

paddy
MBP M1Max | Sonoma 14.5 | Live 12.0.1 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3T | A clump of controllers
Soundcloud
Ableton Certified Trainer

Pitch Black

continuing that idea..a

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:47 pm

Cool - I use a short silent "dummy" clip as my Stopper for eack channel. This way I can kill loops at any quantise value instead of the next bar or whatever.

paddy
MBP M1Max | Sonoma 14.5 | Live 12.0.1 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3T | A clump of controllers
Soundcloud
Ableton Certified Trainer

collapsicon

boing

Post by collapsicon » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:06 am

thanks thats a great tip ill try that out -
i gues u could even do some nice tricks like
get your loop and pitch bend it down like a record
stop and use that to cut your loops off so it would sound like turntable
manipulation ???

if u know what i meen

dBit

use the keyboard assign to stop loops

Post by dBit » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:25 am

you can also stop audio by assigning a keyboard key to a slot with no sample loaded. i play the slots like instruments, re-triggering rhythms (helps to have less loops and less effects!).... and i use blank slots to stop the loops.

dBit

http://www.somnaut.com