Recognizing True BPM

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Quint Randle

Recognizing True BPM

Post by Quint Randle » Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:30 pm

I have a number of commercial and self-made drum loops that are relativley straightforward and Live is just not "reading" they bpm properly, or knowing where the endings are. They come in as a one-hit sample, not a loop. They ones I did were cut to a tempo map, so I know they're not that crappy. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Any thoughts out there?

Quint Randle

:?

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:13 pm

Hollah!

Quint, I'm having the same problem, I emailed bugs@ableton.com, I suggest ye doing the same and attaching some samples.

In the mean time, I guess I do have some "tips & tricks" to get around this.

1. Use 1.5.2 to get everything in order, and save. Open in 2.03 and everything will work just dandy.

2. If you have Reason and Recycle, convert your loops to rx2, load them into Dr. Rex and record via rewire. Not only does this solve the problem, but you can get into interesting routing possibilities. This also gives you the advantage of being able to change the phrasings of drum patterns etc to avoid monotony. The Reason effects are a little lighter on my processor of my TiBook, so that's yet a 3rd advantage.

Word,

Mike

Quint

Thanks

Post by Quint » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:48 pm

Thanks Mike:

Well it seems this is another 2.0 problem/bug as you said. I loaded up 1.5 on another computer and these loops work perfectly fine.

I guess i'll need to send the info to Ableton.

Quint Randle