my favoritest Live 5 trick as of late

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:55 am

I've done a fair few variations on this theme since we got the arp for Live.
Here's one of them:
Auto Play
- Just play any note on the input, and it will be scaled, delivered to a bass line and a lead arp, transformed into a scaled chord for the pad, and it will create a polyrhythmic beat of kick, snare and hi hat.

The arpegiator is a bit off, but hopefully that will get fixed soon.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:05 pm

Bonkers...

Ambioun - Techno Man

Post by Ambioun - Techno Man » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:53 pm

Is is just me or is this "trick" just really annoying.

?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:44 am

Ambioun - Techno Man wrote:Is is just me or is this "trick" just really annoying.
It's the same basic sequencing used in most hardware synths, 4, 6 or 8 patches with different programs running from one or more arpeggiators following a keybord, and that's how you do it in Live. Seems post worthy to me, bread and butter easy fun.

T&T's has been pretty quiet, if you gottta post, be a player, not a hater.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:45 am

it can be annoying but I've got it to sound pretty darn interesting tonight. I finally have a use for scale... never really liked the idea of scale before.

as far as that one als peaking my system out I think it had something to do with the plugs that I don't have on my system. after removing the empty boxes from the song it seemed to run alot better. that and yes I do have a slower system but I can usually run songs that are really complex. the one I was just working on is quite comparable in how many plugs are running and it was crystal clear.

how do we post songs files on here?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:30 pm

Johnisfaster wrote: as far as that one als peaking my system out I think it had something to do with the plugs that I don't have on my system. after removing the empty boxes from the song it seemed to run alot better.
that's interesting, I would have thought that would be a "no-op". (I left those in there to illustrate which ones I was using for add'l fx).
Johnisfaster wrote: how do we post songs files on here?
You need to have a site to push files to, and then post your link to that.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.