Rewire Slave support in OSX

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
buttonm

Rewire Slave support in OSX

Post by buttonm » Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:28 pm

I'll settle for a version of Live that works the same cross-platform: Rewire slave in OS X would be most, most welcome.

fugu

re: Rewire2 slave (client) mode

Post by fugu » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:07 pm

2nd that! With the announcement of DP4 (yay!) for OSX, all my audio apps will now be in OSX, finally! I'd love to be able to use Live as a Rewire2 client application.

thanks and keep up the good work!

asharchris

rewire slave...

Post by asharchris » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:09 am

agreed, os x rewire slave support would rule. Reason now works as a rewire slave in os x. Please get this feature supported soon.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:12 am

:twisted: This is a most important feature that must be added .... please, please! Ableton should be careful to keep the feature set consistent cross-platform. The nicest aspect of Live was it's compact and usable nature. Now the bells and whistles are added, the train is coming off the rails! Think of Protools and what a mess the version numbers became on different platforms. Most important is that Live can interface seamlessly and cleanly with other musician's tools, and that means Rewire as slave under OS X!
BeatBox

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:30 pm

I was a happy PC Live/Logic user, then I bought a new Powebook and Logic 6 ... o dear ... now Live no longer works with Logic. Yes, I second and third that wish! Just when Emagic get their shit together with Rewire in Logic 6, Ableton take Rewire-slave away from OS X version. Hey Ableton, did you know Apple now ship their computers with ONLY os X? Please get Rewire-slave function working with os X! I will kiss your API!

2manydjs

rambomix

Post by rambomix » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:58 pm

Yup, this is the big one: I've moved everything to OS X, useful AUs are there, now lers get Rewire client mode!

boootboy

Rewire

Post by boootboy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:12 pm

Altivec ... blah, blah ... Quantise pre-fade ... blah, blah. Everyone wants some wierd little extra to suit their own way of working. Music software is just a tool, and Live is just great for what it is. Let's not wish it into some monster-bloated, complicated app. Important for ALL tools is that they can work easily together - and Rewire has a big part to play here. By mix'n matching our software we can all find the right way of working ... so that means Live should work as a master OR client for Rewire!

TomL-A

Post by TomL-A » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:48 pm

Interesting to see Rewire client and Altivec support both on the first page. How are they connected? Until Live has full G4 support, its limitations as far as track count etc etc mean that Rewire client is a very desirable feature! Have the Ableton coders been to some studios and checked out the size of most Logic Audio projects? Live as it stands might be OK for a few DJs, but studio guys/composers will want to run Live feeding a professional-strength audio editor like Logic via Rewire.

RRRemix

Post by RRRemix » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:50 am

Yup, this sure got my vote

proDECK

Post by proDECK » Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:20 pm

Can't believe people is askin for shit like mp3 support ... like, too lazy to get some free utility and rip to WAV??? If you want a cheap mp3 mixer, go buy one of the kid's mixing toys from a game shop, or download a freebie from the net. If you want to keep the pros using Live, better get Rewire client OSX working!

Fred Flint

Post by Fred Flint » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:40 pm

Count my vote in! As I recall this feature was mentioned as RSN (Real Soon Now) when 2.0 was released ... so where is it?

To avoid countless users posting comments like mine, why not have a "we're working on these things and this is the current version status" section on the website. Come on, Abletoners ... news from the coal-face please!

tak Choy (from hong kong)

Rewire slave in OS X is a must

Post by tak Choy (from hong kong) » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:44 pm

I can't believe Live cannot run as Rewire slave in OSX when i started using it ...... in fact i bought the Cubase SX and moved everything to OSX, but because of LIVE's incapability of being slaved to Cubase SX through Rewire i was forced to go back to OS 9.2 ..... So please add this feature ASAP ........

dubsteak

what a pity

Post by dubsteak » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:55 am

For me, it's unbelievable... just bought the logic 6 upgrade after completely having moved to OS X...

And Logic 5 (master) + Live (slaved) was a really useful thing in os9... AND NOW THAT

:cry:

no way paying for the upgrade - i'm waiting for altivec+osx rewire capability... then i'll think about it...

what a PITY

citrik

Post by citrik » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:40 am

This would be so nice, then I can mix my live tracks in multipoint surround using DP! , Rewire slaving would keep you guys from having to write a lot of weird things (like surround mixing) :)

Thanks!
-CitrikSystems-
-minimaltechno-

b:eta

WHAT ????????? no REWIRE SLAVE in version 2

Post by b:eta » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:57 am

Ableton.... You've GOT to get this feature up & running !!!!!!!

P L E A S E !!!!! O S X / Logic 6 will be ROCKING as soon as you do !!!!!

REWIRE 2