Tutorial CD and Book!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
smutek

Tutorial CD and Book!

Post by smutek » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:05 am

A tutorial CD ROM would be pretty cool for newbies like me. Something along the lines of Propellerheads "Producing music with Reason" CD ROM. I was pretty lost with the Reason Sequencer untill I bought that CD. Also after getting the CD some things in the manual that didn't make sense began to get a little more clear.

A comprehensive book would also be cool, again like the new one for Reason. I havn't got it yet but I will be getting it soon.

Some of the features in Live and other programs may be common sense to some users but for people like me this is an entirely new ballgame. Two years ago I didn't even have a computer and didn't know how to close a window. I didn't buy Live because I immediately recognized it's enormous creative potential, I bought it because I saw some of the (IMHO) heavy hitters were speaking so highly of it. So for me, any and all help, interactive tutorials or literature, is appeciated! Yes I've read and reread the manual and have checked out the tutorials. I thirst for more!!!!

Thanks

Buy it

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:03 pm

simply buy the program..
also free download right here at ableton.com
fully functionsl for I think 30 mins at a time
try it for free then buy it..reading about it not quite same as experience!
peace
takashi :wink:

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:02 am

live is actually one of the very few very powerfull apps out there that don't really even need a manual, let alone a tutorial. if you open it up and mess about with it, you'll pretty much have it down in a few minutes, maybe a few hours tops. i've looked at the manual all of twice since i bought it, and i haven't even cracked the v.2 manual yet. something like reason is a bit mopre complicated and could benefit from something like that, but not so much live. just dive in man, it's pretty easy.

k

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:11 pm

thanks for the replies! I do own the program, as I've said however all of this is very new to me. I do agree though, after every live session I learn a bit more.

Thanks again!

fleveneur

I think it is an excellent idea.

Post by fleveneur » Thu May 01, 2003 7:54 pm

Even if Live is easy to use, Tutorial always have some usefull tips and tricks.
I've been using Live for a while now (few hours here and there).
I'm still unconfortable with some stuff.
I'm not a prof musician. Just playing with it.

What are Sends for?
How to use them?...

smutek

Re: I think it is an excellent idea.

Post by smutek » Thu May 01, 2003 9:48 pm

What are Sends for?
How to use them?...[/quote

To the right of your visable clip pool are two tracks, just like your audio tracks containing your clips, labled send one and send two. Double click and a window will open up on the bottom of your screen that says "drop effects here", do just that for both sends. For example out a bit of delay in send one and a bit of reverb in send two. Now send one will control how much delay for the selected track and send two will control how much reverb. Understand? I usually assign the sends to the knobs on my uc-16 and tweak them out while running a session. Lots O' fun!

Read the manual, p.52

fleveneur

Post by fleveneur » Fri May 02, 2003 3:24 am

Thanks for the tips.

So are the Sends like the AUX in Reason's mixer ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -
To the right of your visable clip pool are two tracks, just like your audio tracks containing your clips, labled send one and send two. Double click and a window will open up on the bottom of your screen that says "drop effects here", do just that for both sends. For example out a bit of delay in send one and a bit of reverb in send two. Now send one will control how much delay for the selected track and send two will control how much reverb. Understand? I usually assign the sends to the knobs on my uc-16 and tweak them out while running a session. Lots O' fun!