another Wishlist from another User....

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Silicon/Silicium

another Wishlist from another User....

Post by Silicon/Silicium » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:33 am

ok, seems like it's some kind of tradition here, I ll spent some line to reveal my wishlist for live 6.
first, I won live 5 in a contest, and I don't upgrade it because most of the features of live 5 were a bit useless for my work, as I don't need freeze, can convert mp3 by myself, etc.. the only things that I liked were the markers and the comlete drag n drop features. well about live 6....

--hell, god, whatever, I definitly need to record clips enveloppes in session view . In fact, I don't know how I can keep on living without it. it's a true pain, when recording some automation, to create it in arr mode, then bounce to audio. I want to be able to record enveloppes in clips as easily as notes.

--better zomming and scolling: as an energyXT user, I love the way I can zoom and scroll without any specific effort, without having to move my mouse to a specifi lane, etc... the zoom in edit zone has been greatly improve, let's go for the arrangement view!!

--GHOST PARTS!!!! how can we live without them?? if I copy a drum pattern from the beginning of my song to the end, then edit, I have to edit two times... it's really annoying, we should have a way to keep linked parts.

--a pattern pool could be an exciting feature: keeping a copy somewhere of all created pattern, easily browsable, currently, if you save a song in live 5, you can use the browser to insert parts and patterns of the saved song in your new song. great. I want to do the same with the current song, and keep the pattern I may have deleted for reusing. then cleaning part pool could be cool.

those last two previous features almost make me buy p5 v2 instead of updgrading live. I finally chose to wait for live 6, as I m in trust with this software!

--well it's not vital but improving impulse, or making it more modular, could be cool. at least 16 cells without tricks or extra tracks.

--rename notes and save the templates with track. handy for drums.

--another one, again not so vital: way to save complex fx routing: if you do use an impulse, with 3 differents outs routed to 3 differents fx, well you can't save it. so I need either a way to save multiple tracks or a way to route multiple out inside a single track (eg, with in/ouut on each effects).

--bring back alt+click to preview. in addition of the current preview tool.

you know how to earn my bucks ;)

Silicon/Silicium

Post by Silicon/Silicium » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:46 pm

a small bump

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:38 pm

I agree with all of those.

ILTK

Re: another Wishlist from another User....

Post by ILTK » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Silicon/Silicium wrote:better zomming and scolling: as an energyXT user, I love the way I can zoom and scroll without any specific effort, without having to move my mouse to a specifi lane, etc... the zoom in edit zone has been greatly improve, let's go for the arrangement view!!s.
Zooming and scrolling with the mouse is one of my biggest annoyances with Live, please let us scroll and zoom using the keyboard only.

anymaniac

Post by anymaniac » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:31 pm

i like the ableton zoom.

but the other ideas: yes please!!!!