Who's running Live 5 without problems - post here

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
radeon

Post by radeon » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:05 am

leisuremuffin wrote:it is usefull in the fact that it shows that it is *not* the majority of live 5 users that have problems.

.lm.
:lol: :lol: more i read what you say in threads the more I become sure you are just a small boy. You have writings on this forum that say to avoid problema YOU FREEZE all your vst track fast as you can. I tell you i cannot do this because I need to record filter things through my arrange and i need the flex system this is how i always workings for years. YOu say I am doing to much with live :lol: Do you comprehense what you say to me?
I cannot take you serious today and from this day. you wrok only with audio and then insult the peoples like me that there is no problems with live. :x

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:08 am

Talk bout high horse....

Got a bug, reproduce it, post it.

-Ben

mosca

Post by mosca » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:27 am

5.0.2 works great for me - no crashes, clips start where i expect them to.

good stuff

buzzcock

Post by buzzcock » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:51 pm

no complaints here... only feature requests. :D

occasional crashes when testing out lousy plug-ins. Also need/want a faster machine...but hey, who doesn't?
MBP C2D 2.33GHz---Metric Halo MIO 2882

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:49 pm

No probs here either. I'm running Live on a 2x2 G5 in the studio and on the road on a 1,25 MHz 15" Poerbook or a 2GHz Centrino Lappy. Soundcards Echo Indigo i/o and RME Multiface. The way I use Live for gigging is mostly as a mixer and patch-bay for live audio played with acoustic instruments. I typically load up a bunch of plug-ins an the Powerbook usually goes 50% - 70% on Live's CPU meter. That live setup have been totally stable. On the Centrino I run a live looping software as an eight channel VST that is sending MIDI clock that Live is slaving to - no crashes yet although many gigs and rehearsals. [/i]
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:16 pm

Yeah, Rad, i'm a small boy. Are you a NAMBLA member? give me a call.

anyway, the funny thing is i think you misunderstand me, rad.

You just said that people misunderstand CPU performance for bugs. That's EXACTLY what i'm saying!!!!!!! If you're saying that only cpu heavy sets fuck up on you, that is DIFFERENT FROM SAYING THE PROGRAM IS BUGGY/BROKEN!!!

I AGREE! LIVE 5 USES MORE CPU THAN I WOULD LIKE IT TO!!! I keep saying that over and over, and the reason i say that i print tracks to audio (not freeze) is because that reduces CPU load. Jesus, what do you expect???? look at the computer i'm using!!! it's a fucking apple powerbook. What do you want me to do, run virtual instruments and plugins on 25+ tracks???? WTF???

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

AlexG

Post by AlexG » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:49 pm

Generally few problems, just niggles. (Like the 'orange dot' situation !?!?!?)

Studio - P4 2.4 GHZ 512MBRAM 7200RPM disk, Marian Marc A, 01V and synths/samples/soundmodules. I use few vsts (in fact, none now really having bought operator), only what Live ships with, which is enough choice for me at any rate!

Live - PB G4 1.5 GHz, 512MBRAM, onboard sound, internal HD, UC33E, RM1X, all works fine, used to have glitches in 5.0, but sorted now. Cud do with more RAM, but efficient set management and good planning avoids most pitfalls.

Live is truly the most intuitive, reliable and inspirational piece of software I hav used since C-LAB Notator. Period.

Please, no more fiddly features (or orange dots!) because it will then loose its intuitiveness and become 'Cubase-ey'.
If it ain't broke, don't try to mix it!

Roland MC500, Imac 24", Live 7, Yamaha A4000, Akai S950, Revox PR99

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:52 pm

no problems, i can't remember the last time live crashed on me

dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

mdk

Post by mdk » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:24 pm

I've only had problems when i've found a bug in plogue bidule which has brought down live, otherwise its been plain sailing for all the tasks ive tried (sequencing, multi track audio, live recording)

Live 5.02

Sony VGN-A417M (2Gb Ram)

Motu 828 MkII

I sympathise with the people who experience problems, all i can say is being a software developer myself reproducing the problem with specific steps and providing a detailed hardware / software list is vital for the developers to be able to get an idea about what can be causing the issues.

I know its really tedious to sit down and document a bug or a crash, but its quite rewarding in the end. Knowing that you have helped to make the program better and prevented other people from suffering similar misfortune is surely a good thing.

linzatti

Post by linzatti » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:29 pm

Never had any problems until recently, but thats because of my computer not live 5.

Just gotta format the computer and then hopefully I can run it without problems again. :cry: :x :P

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:20 am

Hey everyone please take a look here, http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32797

I'm trying to get 2 reference lists going: one of "working", one of "broken" systems.

Sort of like this thread (sorry siddhu I don't mean to duplicate or hijack your thread your thread it's great!)

I'm asking everyone to list their full setup, and be very detailed about it: Everything that's connected, driver versions etc.

If enough people post their setups, we might be able to discover some patterns and solve some problems.

Your help is needed and appreciated!

Very Happy :D

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:50 pm

No problems here.
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

mr-e

Post by mr-e » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:04 pm

no problems here

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:59 am

My main problem is lack of talent.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:13 pm

absolutely no problems running on

1) old mac book with RME multiface

and

2) new HP laptop, 3.4, 2 gigs, emu 1616m, reaktor all over the place.