CM Ableton special issue finally available in Chicago!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dj_statikfire

CM Ableton special issue finally available in Chicago!

Post by dj_statikfire » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:26 pm

I've been scanning the bookstores for this issue since 29 Dec 05, so glad it's finally for sale!

The tutorials are nice and all, but when I read thru them, I already know how to do this stuff. This issue is a great companion to the manual. Can't wait to get home and dive into the CD !

I was hoping for more information about the Ableton company and HQ, but it was nice to see some interviews and photos.

Pick it up!

THX,
JD
www.statikfire.com
- downloads for club dee jays and internet radio stations
- forum with articles on mixing

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:59 pm

Actually not very good.

There are a few good points (Operator how to) but you can glean better info off this forum.

Save the $15
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

rolfski

Post by rolfski » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:24 pm

It's still a good read though. And the Trackteam Livefill Bundle on cd is worth the purchase alone.

TonySoprano

Post by TonySoprano » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:19 pm

I followed the 'Creating a track from scratch' tutorial and it sounded nothing like the finished track. Heh. I can't follow recipes either, which maybe helps explain it. The thing that annoys me about CM's tutorials is that they always say things like , "Set the LFO to 1/4, increase the resonance to 90, and give a gentle Q boost at 2Khz". Yeah....but why? I'm not learning anything by doing this, I'm just following a script.
Check out my latest mix:-
http://www.mixdepot.net/OutOfMySystem