Longer displayable names

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Tommy D

Longer displayable names

Post by Tommy D » Sat May 03, 2003 8:44 pm

I think it would be a good idea if the text boxes for the clip names and track names in the session view (track columns) and the track names in the arangement view could be stretched horizontal to allow for longer displayable text names.

Tom

Post by Guest » Thu May 22, 2003 6:25 pm

I agree wtih this one; I often have clips named with only slightly different endings, ("aciddrumoopedit 01.wave" etc) and can't see which one is which in live.

I'm just going through these suggestions before making my own. I guess I'll pipe up in support of those I would like to see most.

e.

clip names

Post by guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:55 am

yes!!!
and the abilty to rename the file sources of the clips themselves, not only renaming clips inside the liveset.
thanx

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:22 pm

maybe if we could adjust the font size for individual clip names, everyone would be happy. if it got to a certain smallness, maybe it coul occupy two lines instead of one (so that when it gets near a 6 point font or whatever the cutoff is, you get two lines of track title visible instead of part or one).

Ryan

indigom

expaning full clip filenames on mouseover

Post by indigom » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:40 am

or maybe have each clip area expand as you mouse over it to reveal its full name. As the mouse over on that clip moves away, so does the expanded information. This should be an option that one may switch on or off.
Knowing that I cannot see the complete filename of many of my clips in session view, I've taken to strict short naming conventions over the year of using Live. Still its taken time to adopt- and older sets still have this problem unless I take the extra time to alter the clip name.