multiple analysis files per loop

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
chromaphobic

multiple analysis files per loop

Post by chromaphobic » Fri May 16, 2003 9:41 pm

one thing i would love to see in live is the ability to save multiple .asd files for a single loop.

one of my uses for live is as a dj tool. some songs i'll take four of five big chunks from so i can rearrange the song on the fly. others might have a nice break in them i want to stretch out, so i take a chunk that's the entire song leading up to the break, a loop inside the break, and then the rest of the song leading out of the break. i also usually take a loop from the beginning and end of each track so i can take my time bringing them in and out (making each track basically endless.)

right now i have to take the song into a waveform editior and slice it up into all these pieces, then take all those pieces into live and get the warp markers set up for all of them. this is time consuming and i end up with all these different files for each track.

so....

if there were something like a "save as" button for each file, allowing me to save different asd files (with whatever name i choose) for the same file, it could be a huge timesaver. i just load in the entire song, get the warp markers set, then set up a loop and save an asd, then set up the next loop and save another asd, and so on until i have all the chunks i want.
then, maybe beneath each file in the file browser would be a list of all the asd files associated with it. i could just drag the asd into a slot in the session window and there would be the song with the appropriate loop set automagically! then lather rinse repeat for the rest of the loops for that song.

hopefully i explained that well enough that people will understand what the heck i'm talking about. :)